Just a little something for the school holidays… this is the same recipe that Donna here at Montrose uses to make batches of playdough for therapy sessions and playgroups.
½ cup salt
1 cup plain flour
2 tablespoons cream of tartar
1 cup water
1 tablespoon oil
- Mix all ingredients together in a medium saucepan
- Stir over heat until dough is pliable
- Turn out onto a floured surface and let cool for a few minutes
- Knead & roll dough to get rid of lumps
- Store in a well sealed plastic bag (ziplock bags are good) or container
This makes enough for 2-4 children to have a good sized lump each to play with.
If kept in the fridge, playdough can last for up to 6 month.