Flexible Therapy Options
We have various options to meet our therapists.
In addition to our service centres, Montrose therapists can also offer sessions in places that are convenient and comfortable for you and your child.
This approach enables therapists to see your child in their own environment and design therapy that utilises the resources available in day-to-day life. Many clients are more comfortable in their own environments and therefore engage better in therapy activities.
If you’d like to speak to us about therapy sessions in your child’s home, community or school please call us on 1800 193 362 or contact us here.
Montrose has seven modern purpose built centres across Queensland stocked with a range of therapy resources. These operate full time during business hours and are conveniently located with parking. Appointments are usually available throughout the day. All our Centres have dedicated therapy rooms and most have a gym and other facilities. View locations here.
In some regional locations, we also offer local clinics – these may be closer to you but will have limited opening hours and more basic facilities. We use community centres and similar local options to provide a more local service. These are shared spaces so there may be other activities and groups at the same time.
In several areas, we offer an “outreach” service using one of two options:
- TeleTherapy sessions delivered to the client by a therapist (Speech Pathologist, Occupational Therapist, Physiotherapist)
- Intensive options with therapist available during school holidays
- Face to face assessment at the client’s home, school or other community location (1-2 initial sessions)
- Therapy Assistant sessions delivered weekly or fortnightly at the client’s home, school or other community location
- Therapist will review the program as required (for example 10-12 weeks)
- Intensive options with Speech Pathologist, Occupational Therapist or Physiotherapist available during school holidays
Finally, with the agreement of your school, we can see your child during school hours. This has the advantage of avoiding the end of the day when children are tired and lets us see them in their school environment. Find out more about therapy in school here.
Therapy services may be more suitable to be conducted in the home environment – Please note that additional travel charges will apply.