This is a great way for children and young adults to enjoy time with friends and take a break. From overnight to a week, the short-stay house at Yeerongpilly in Brisbane offers 24-hour support from our friendly and highly experienced team. Emphasis is placed on friendship networks with every effort being made to ensure you can enjoy your stay with friends and peers.
- Large single rooms with air conditioning and TV
- Outdoor entertainment and BBQ area
- Latest computer game consoles
- Great choice of activities and daytime trips both at the house and in the community
- Ceiling mounted electric hoists
- All meals
- 24/7 personal care assistance
- Staff trained in first aid, CPR, medication, peg & suppository and food safety
Where are we?
4 Ortive Street, Yeerongpilly, Brisbane
Just across the road from Yeerongpilly train station on Southbank Line and next to the fast developing Yeerongpilly Green precinct.
About the house
Opened in 2015, the house has large single rooms with air conditioning. The open plan kitchen/living area is large with three televisions and various gaming consoles. We also have an outdoor area with a barbecue and easy access from the house.
To access respite you will need to registered and eligible with Disability Services in Queensland. Alternatively we do have options for private fee-paying people. The easiest way to find out more is give one of our coordinators a call on 1800 193 362, they will be happy to help!
For any young person, leaving home is a big step towards independence. Montrose is assisting young adults with a disability to make that step through innovative housing located in Fitzgibbon Chase on Brisbane’s north side.
Two 3-bedroom homes with a 24/7 coordinator and support staff provide a great opportunity for the residents to realise their dreams and aspirations by:
- Transitioning from life in the family home to supported independent life
- Empowering them through independent, personal decision making
- Helping them achieve personal goals such as studying, working or volunteering
- Providing the opportunity to socialise with friends