4 Ortive Street, Yeerongpilly, Brisbane, Queensland
This is a great way for children and young adults to enjoy time with friends and take a break. From overnight to a week, the short-stay house at Yeerongpilly in Brisbane offers 24-hour support from our friendly and highly experienced team. Emphasis is placed on friendship networks with every effort being made to ensure you can enjoy your stay with friends and peers.
- Large single rooms with air conditioning and TV
- Outdoor entertainment and BBQ area
- Latest computer game consoles
- Great choice of activities and daytime trips both at the house and in the community
- Ceiling mounted electric hoists
- All meals
- 24/7 personal care assistance
- Staff trained in first aid, CPR, medication, peg & suppository and food safety
To access respite you will need to registered and eligible with Disability Services in Queensland. Alternatively we do have options for private fee-paying people. The easiest way to find out more is give one of our coordinators a call on 1800 193 362, they will be happy to help!
Daily living support
Daily living support is many things to many people.
We provide you with a professional Direct Support Worker (DSW) in the location that best meets your needs, for example:
- In your home with personal care assistance, general care or respite, support with home based study
- In the community, where you need it such as at a sporting event, university, the movies or even a festival
Ultimately daily living support is about helping you out when you need it the most. It helps to:
- enable you to pursue your goals and aspirations
- provide essential personal care assistance
- support carers and families to find life balance
- make sure the fun things in life can be accessed and enjoyed
Support is available across Brisbane, the Sunshine Coast, the Gold Coast, Ipswich and Toowoomba.
All members of our team are experienced, reliable and professional. At Montrose we understand the importance of a good match, our Direct Support Coordinator work with you to ensure we find the right DSW for you.
Your DSW will have current First Aid & CPR certificates, Manual Handling and Child Protection training, appropriate insurances and the backing of an organisation that has been supporting people for over 80 years.
Prices start from $45.38 per hour, with a two hour minimum engagement. For more information please contact our Direct Support Coordinator on 1800 193 362.
For any young person, leaving home is a big step towards independence. Montrose is assisting young adults with a disability to make that step through innovative housing located in Fitzgibbon Chase on Brisbane’s north side.
Two 3-bedroom homes with a 24/7 coordinator and support staff provide a great opportunity for the residents to realise their dreams and aspirations by:
- Transitioning from life in the family home to supported independent life
- Empowering them through independent, personal decision making
- Helping them achieve personal goals such as studying, working or volunteering
- Providing the opportunity to socialise with friends