What are your goals and interests?
Montrose is here to enable you to engage in areas that interest you. Do you want to be more active, explore your interests, socialise with friends or develop skills for your future?
We can support you to develop and explore your skills and interests through individual skills development training and group activities.
Individual skills training is offered in the areas of meal preparation, public transport training, budgeting, linking to services and participating in leisure activities.
Our current group calendar includes:
- Pre-work skills training through veggie box packaging & selling
- Cooking skills training
- Gap Year Program – expanding social skills, interests & daily living skills
- Friday social club – fun social & recreational activities
- Fitness training at the gym
View our current activities here.
Can I participate?
We specialise in providing support for young people with a predominantly physical condition and are over the age of 18. Our co-ordinator will be able to guide you as to which of our activities may meet your needs.
To access Lifestyle and Leisure you must be:
- over 18 or completed your schooling
- able to make choices relating to your lifestyle & leisure goals
- able to communicate and interact independently with staff and other participants
- independently motivated to participate
There are some funded places available and also some fee for service places. Participants will need to pay for personal costs such as meals and transport. Lifestyle and Leisure will also be offered under the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS). Talk to us to find out more about NDIS and how it might affect you.
If you would like to find out more give us a call on 1800 193 362 and ask to speak with Rebecca Jones, our Lifestyle and Leisure Coordinator.
You can also download our information leaflet here.